How To Install Sucuri Security Plugin
Installation of plugin is straight forward. Just search for Sucuri Security from your WordPress dashboard plugin page and install the plugin.
WordPress plugin url is:
Check Core WordPress Files For Any Modification
Visit the Dashboard of Sucuri Security plugin and it will show you the list of modified WordPress files and also the date of modification. This is very useful to find if your wordpress installation is compromised or not.
The plugin provides detailed audit log of your website activities. This include files modification, post information, plugin activities, theme activities, user activities etc. You also get time and IP of the activity.
This is very useful to track activities and find any un-usual activities on your website.
Sucuri Security plugin scan your wordpress website for followings:
- malicious iFrames
- suspicious redirections
- blackhat SEO spam
If it find any issue with your wordpress website, it will list the issue. You can than analyse the problem and fix it.
Sucuri Security plugins provides many wordpress hardening options. Like:
- Remove WordPress Version
- Provide option to block execution of PHP Files in /wp-content/Uploads directory
- Provide option to block execution of PHP Files in /wp-content/ directory
- Provide option to block execution of PHP Files in /wp-includes directory
- Provide option to disable Plugin and Theme Editor
This is very important feature if your website is under some attack as you gets notifications for almost every activity of your wordpress website. You can track the attack and fix it as soon as something suspicious is happening.
This is a paid feature of Sucuri Security plugin. With firewall you get extra security of your wordpress website.
- WordPress – Change Post Excerpt Length
- Solution – WordPress and PHP 7.2 Error: PHP Warning Use of undefined constant